Thoughts of Praise or Concern
• Special days this week
Anniversaries: Steve & Sheila on the 1st; Les & Shane on the 3rd; Mick & Karen on the 4th; Bob & Marie on the 7th.
• Evening Bible study — Thursday, September 5th at 6:30 in the fellowship hall.
• Dining in the park — First Baptist will hold its fall picnic next Sunday, September 8th at the Littlestown Community Park, in the pavilion nearest the tennis courts. We will gather around 3 pm and begin feasting at 4. Entertainment will be by Crystal River Southern Gospel Quartet. A sign-up sheet is on the lobby table today.
• Picnic set-up — If you can help with the picnic set-up or breakdown, please mark on the back of the Connection Card. More hands make for light work.
• Planning ahead — Steve and Tim are planning a series of Evangelistic Round table Discussions to be held on Sundays, after morning worship. The purpose is to prepare us for when we’re confronted with situations where our faith is challenged. If you might like to attend, check the Connection Card.
• Helping our neighbors — New Hope Ministries’ Littlestown Food Pantry opens on Wednesday, September 11th at Bethel Assembly on Frederick Pike. There is a flyer on the lobby table with opening times, as well as the kinds of things they need. Helping to stock their shelves would be a blessing for them, for us and for those in need.
• Need a friend? — Compassionate Christian Friends is now active. If you know someone in need of a visit, or even just a card, please let Joe or Vicki know. This is our mission going forward so please keep us in mind.
• Playground Progress — Please mark the Connection Card if you’d like to help finish the playground project. Any special offerings to help finish the playground would be appreciated. Just note “playground fund” on your check or offering envelope.