Thoughts of Praise or Concern
• Special days this week —
Birthdays: Connor on the 25th.
Anniversaries: Mike & Stacy on the 22nd; Edward (Sam) & Gerry on the 24th; Rob & Melanie on the 25th.
• New Sunday evening study — Tonight we are starting a series called “Foundations of Freedom.” This video-driven study by historian David Barton will help “rediscover the vision, passion, and wisdom of those who laid the foundations of our nation.”
• The Mattingly Family is coming — The Mattingly’s will be with us Sunday evening, May 6th at 6 pm. We hope you’ll join us. We also need volunteers to put flyers out at various business & community centers.
• The men are retreating — The Mid-Atlantic Men’s Retreat at Camp Joy El will be Friday and Saturday, May 18th and 19th. The theme – “Gideon: Highlights of a Mighty Warrior.” Interested? See Pastor Gary for details.
• Goonan family news — Connor heads back to CHoP soon. Pray for good results!
Tim and Becky send heartfelt thanks to their church family and friends for all the prayers, cards, meals and support they have received. You’ve been a blessing.
• FBI — We’re still taking applications for the elective class, “The Doctrine of Biblical Prophecy” which starts May 30th, at 9 am or 6 pm. Each class will be about 2 hours, and will run for 6 weeks with the test on the 7th week. The cost is $30 per person, $50 per couple. Anyone interested please contact Sheila.
If you want to learn more about FBI, we have a promotional DVD. Just ask Sheila.
Jesus is (Meek) and (Lowly)
I. The Personal (Invitation)
A. Jesus is (specific)
B. He (invites) everyone
C. He promises (rest)
II. The (Meaning) of the Call
A. Take my (yoke)
B. (Learn) of Me
C. Jesus was unlike any other (Rabbi)
III. The (Reasons) to Follow Jesus
A. He is (meek)
B. He is (lowly)
C. Following brings (rest) for your soul
What can we learn?
A. Jesus is (inviting) you to follow Him
B. Jesus wants you to (learn) of Him
C. Jesus gives (rest) for your soul