Thoughts of Praise or Concern
• Special days this week —
Birthdays: Lily on the 17th, Karen on the 19th, Justin on the 20th.
Anniversaries: Ed & Carol on the 14th, Gary & Sandra on the 20th.
• Need a friend? — We have a new committee forming called “Companion Christian Friends” (CCF) The purpose of CCF is to visit anyone who needs just a visit for some encouragement or help in other ways. If you are interested in joining us in loving our brethren and doing God’s work by bringing some cheer to others please see Sheila or mark the Connection Card.
• Serving at the lake — There’s still time to help at Codorus State Park this summer, especially serving on Saturday evenings from 6 to 8, or maybe to teach Children’s Church on Sunday morning. Partner with us for one weekend, blessing to you, us, and to the visitors at the park. Interested? Sign up on the Connection Card. Thanks.
• Float helpers— If you’d like to help with the church float for the Good Ole Days Parade in August, see Pastor Sam or mark on back of the Connection Card.
• Park it at Good Ole Days — We will have a booth at Crouse Park on Saturday morning, August 17th. If you’d like to help us spread the good news of Jesus Christ, see Steve.
• Playground installation — We plan to start installing the playground equipment soon. Please mark the Connection Card if you would like to help finish this project. Any special offerings to help finish the project would be appreciated. Just note “playground fund” on your check or offering envelope.
Series: The Life and Times of King Josiah
The Lost (Book)
2 Chronicles 34:(14-32)
I. The (Discovery) of the Book
A. Hilkiah (found) the Book of the Law
B. He (sent) the Book to Josiah
II. The (Impact) of the Book
A. The Book was (read) to Josiah
B. Josiah (rent) his clothes
C. Josiah led in (renewing) the covenant
What can we learn?
A. We should (share) God’s Word with others
B. We should (read) God’s Word personally
C. We should (renew) our commitment to the Lord