Thoughts of Praise or Concern
• Thursday Night Prayer Group — This Thursday, 6 pm, at Joe & Jeannie’s.
• New Sunday School Class — We started a new Sunday School study for young adults downstairs today. We will be studying the “I Am” saying of Jesus. If you have any questions or would like to join us, please let me know. Thanks. — Sam Clingan
• Thank you — Jim, Sam, and I want to thank the church for the Christmas love offerings that were given to our families last Sunday. We really appreciate your love and care for us. We are excited about what the Lord has in store for the church in the coming year. Thanks again. — Pastor Gary
• Directory 2019 — The directory is in production. For everyone listed in it who has email, I will be sending a proof out in the next week. If you would do me a favor and check your information, including birthdays and anniversaries, I’d appreciate it. I will have a proof on the table for everyone else to check. People with no email will receive printed copies first. Thanks. — Frank Steck
• Cleaning crew — A new sign-up sheet for church cleaning in 2019 is on the hall bulletin board next to the nursery. If you could sign up for a month or so, it would be a blessing to the church. Our next available month is February. Thanks.
• Humor in the pews — The young couple invited their elderly pastor for Sunday dinner. While they were in the kitchen preparing the meal, the pastor asked their son what they were having. “Goat,” the little boy replied. “Goat?” replied the pastor. “Are you sure about that?””Yep,” said the youngster. “I heard Dad say to Mom, ‘Today is just as good as any to have the old goat for dinner.’ “
Series: (Navigating) the New Year
(Crossing) Over into God’s Blessings
I. God was (Working) in Israel
A. They (stepped) out in faith
B. They renewed the (covenant)
C. They were (moving) forward
II. Israel (Experienced) the Lord’s Presence
A. The Lord (showed) up
B. Joshua (humbled) himself
C. He followed God’s (plan)
What can we learn?
A. God is (working) in our lives
B. Let us humble ourselves to God’s (plan)