Thoughts of Praise or Concern
• Special days this week — Birthdays: Tammy on the 12th; Kevin Michael on the 13th; Tunnie on the 14th.
• Thursday night Bible study — Thursday, March 21th, 6:30, in the fellowship hall.
• The Romanian Connection — Missionary Jonathan Morgan and his family will be with us on Sunday evening, March 31st, to share the work God is preparing them for in Romania. Please plan on joining us.
• Save the dates —
* April 7th — Monthly business meeting
* April 14th — Lord’s Supper after evening service
* April 21st — Easter Sonrise Service, 6:20 am, with breakfast served afterward. Easter Service, 11 am; no evening service on Easter
• Calling all Sonrise chefs — The men at FBC are cooking breakfast for those who attend the Easter Sonrise service. If you can help, sign up on the Connection Card.
• Directory 2019 — Hard copies of the FBC Directory of Families for those who do not have email are coming... honest! Remember, patience is a virtue.
• Humor in the pews — Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who wake up in the morning and say, “Good morning, Lord,” and there are those who wake up and say, “Good Lord, it’s morning.”
(Love) Not the (World)
1 John 2:(15-17)
I. The (Timeless) Command
A. Love not the (world)
B. You can’t love (God) and the (world)
II. The (Temptations) of the World
A. The (lust) of the flesh
B. The lust of the (eyes)
C. The (pride) of life
III. The Focus on (Eternity)
A. This world is (temporary)
B. God’s (blessings) last
What can we learn?
A. We cannot (love) the world
B. We must reject the (temptations) of the world
C. We must focus on (eternity)